2010년 3월 14일 일요일

A Non-possessive Life

A wide-known Korean monk, Beob Jung, died in March 11 at the age of 78. He entered into the Buddhist way at the earlier 20s of his age of 1955. Especially, after he had went through Buddhism learning, undergoing Zen meditating discipline, editting of Buddhism dictionary, and editor in chief of the Buddhism Newspaper, since 1975 he has lived alone in small temples, only writing books and zen-meditating.

He gave valued messages to people by books. His most famous book is ‘Non-possession’, which was printed 180 editions.

Just before his death, he said, “Now, I am going to desert my time and space. Do not arrange my funeral rites which should be worthless and annoying others. Do not prepare a coffin and shroud for me, quickly burn my body worn in usual monk’s robes at a nearby and convenient place. Do not try to pick up small crystals in my ashes, and do not set up a pagoda for me.”

There was a long line of many condolers in the ground of Kilsang Temple, where his body is placed. President Lee Myong-Bak also visited the temple, reminisced about his teachings. (The end)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기